In order to implement the objectives of this Law, the Ministry shall perform the following:
1. Define the legal framework of the agricultural strategies and policies and put forward sustainable agricultural development plans and programmes.
2. Rational and best use of agricultural natural resources in a manner that ensures their sustainability.
3. Preserve the animal and plant health as well as control epidemic, infectious and common animal and vegetative diseases.
4. Improve consultation services and raise agricultural awareness and [highlight] its role in development.
5. Regulate, develop and protect agricultural research and applications, facilitate the introduction of modern technologies, and establish a database on agricultural statistical information and data.
6. Prepare the agricultural infrastructure, promote investment therein, and encourage necessary and cooperative agricultural frameworks and agricultural unions.
7. Enhance prevalent agricultural systems and patterns, develop and protect pastures and forests as well as rehabilitate them, manage and protect natural resources and wildlife and sea life, preserve agricultural biodiversity and control desertification in cooperation with the relevant authorities.
8. Develop and improve the Palestinian countryside through the accomplishment of integrated rural development.
9. Promote the Palestinian food security.
10. Take part in the conservation of public health.
2 - Law on the Palestinian Federation of Industries And specialized industrial unions No (2) for the year 2006
3 - Draft Decree Law No (10) for the year 2011 On Industry
This law aims to achieve the following:
1. Increase the share of the industrial sector in the Gross National Product (GNP).
2. Increase work opportunities in the industrial sector.
3. Promote investment in the industrial sector.
4. Regulate the industrial sector in Palestine.
5. Promote, develop and upgrade the industrial sector.
6. Increase productive capacities and competitiveness of industrial products.
7. Technological placement and development.
8. Provide legal protection to the industry and industrial facilities.